It is a pleasure again to invite you to the 18th EuroSIVA Annual Scientific Meeting that will be held in London, UK on Friday May 27th 2016. We have put together a innovative program on the future of TIVA that you can find on this page. Since last year our Annual Scientific Meeting uses the same venue as the ESA and is hosted during Euroanaesthesia. More than1500 delegates joined us last year in Berlin and our meeting was oversubscribed. We therefore recommend you to register early, which is again handled by the ESA meeting secretariat as an ESA pre-congress meeting. Although there will be on-site registration available, we strongly recommend booking in advance on www.esahq.com.n
I am looking forward to
welcome you to London.
• This meeting traditionally is focused on scientific and technical advances in intravenous pharmacology, drug delivery and monitoring. We will present innovative and challenging topics and discuss them in a critical appraisal allowing debate and controversy.
• In recent years, new drugs and formulations have undergone testing in clinical trials. To see whether they will be challengers to our present anaesthetic drug variety they will be discussed in reviewing recent publications.
• There is an increasing desire that integrating different brain function signal that represent individual neural mechanisms will be complementary to qualify and scale the anaesthetic state. An overview of recent developments in composite monitoring.
• NAP5 highlighted some issues how TIVA is performed in real life and may be related to accidental awareness. Most findings could be attributed to lack of training. These issues will be discussed and practical solutions will be presented and discussed to promote safe and effective practice of TIVA as summarized in the EuroSIVA practice guidelines.
• Despite CE marked by manufacturing authorities, most TCI pumps show some shortcomings in implementing pharmacokinetic models that directly affect safety and performance. Examples of artifacts and suggestions to improve them are discussed.
• Finally, EuroSIVA has invited key experts and opinion leaders to discuss the future of TCI. Unified models, improved pump safety and a strategy for new generation TCI will be amongst the topics in the panel. This session will be recorded and edited for future publication as proceedings.
18th Annual Scientific Meeting - Outline
Programme Friday 27th May 2016
EuroSIVA 18th annual meeting
From 08.00 On-site registration (at Euroanaesthesia booths)
14.00 - 14.15 Opening and welcome
Stefan Schraag, Chairman EuroSIVA, United Kingdom
14.15 - 14.45
Pharmacology in review – advances in 2016
Johan Ræder, Norway / Michel Struys, The Netherlands
14.45 - 15.15
The concept of integrated brain function monitoring
Francisco Lobo, Portugal/ Tony Absalom, The Netherlands
15.15 - 15.45
Lessons from NAP5: recommendations and actions
Luc Barvais, Switserland/ Nick Sutcliffe, United Kingdom
15:45 - 16.15 Coffee break
16:15 - 16.45 TCI pumps: where to improve regulatory standards
Stefan Schraag, United Kingdom, Frank Engbers,
16:45 - 17.45 The future of TCI: four short statements and panel discussion (recorded session)
Frank Engbers, The Netherlands, Iain Glen, United Kingdom, Michel Struys, The Netherlands, Tony Absalom,
17:45 - 18.00 Feedback from audience
One Western Gateway,
Royal Victoria Dock
London, E16 1XL
How to get there
we recommend using London City Airport if you can as it is less than a mile from the venue.
From London City Airport, it takes just 5 minutes by taxi or 15 minutes by DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to get to ExCeL.
For meetings and registrations:
Mrs Silvia Lenz
Department of Anaesthesiology
and Intensive Care,
Orthopaedic University Clinic Balgrist
CH-8008 Zürich Switzerland
+41 44 386 38 32
For general inquiries
and sponsorship website:
Tivatrainer is an educational programme, developed to explain pharmacokinetic principles and show the pharmacokinetic properties of IV anesthetics and other drugs. TivatrainerX is the iphone version
Dr Frank Engbers
Leiden University Medical Centre